Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Quaker Gelding - Certainly Was Not True Of George Fox












THE GELDING OF THE CHRISTIAN MAN
 by Kevin on May 4, 2011

     A popular website says “Gelding a male horse allows it to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.” Walk into a lot (not all) of traditional churches and this is exactly what they are doing to the men.
If you go talk to a man that doesn’t know Christ and ask him what he thinks a man that follows Christ acts like and looks like and you’ll probably get the definition of a sissy instead of a Christian. This is probably what he’d say:
I ain’t gonna be part of a group of men that all they do is sit around in their fancy shoes and sing Kum-Ba-Ya while holding hands. That church stuff teaches that if somebody punches you in the nose that you can’t do nothin’ but let ‘em hit you again–and love ‘em for hittin’ you.
I watch these “Christian Men” eating at the cafe after they get done with their sing alongs, and I’m tellin’ you they look gelded to me. There is no fire in their eyes. There’s a weakness about them in the way they carry themselves. All this hugging and loving stuff these churches are teaching ain’t doing nothing but gelding good men.
     How are we supposed to reach the lost when they think like this? How are we supposed to convince these outlaws and mavericks that Christ is the only way when it seems like the first thing the church does is take away their manhood.
     The first guys Jesus went and got were twelve MEN. We know for sure that five of them were fishermen and one of them was a mobster (they called ‘em tax collectors back then). Jesus picked these types of guys because he knew he needed strong, courageous, and honest men to learn from him and carry out his message.
     We forget sometimes that Peter would kick the crap out of you where the good Lord put a crack in you. He was constantly getting in trouble and cutting people’s ears off. Pete was quick tempered, opinionated, and absolutely loved by Jesus.
And let’s not forget James and John…the Sons of Thunder. Messengers were sent into a Samaritan village to announce that Jesus would be arriving there and the village didn’t welcome him. The Sons of Thunder wanted to call down fire from heaven and burn up every man, woman, and child in the village. Jesus didn’t let them, but I’m sure he loved their gusto in sticking up for him.
     You may think that I’m being sarcastic, but I have felt gelded ever since I became a preacher–but those days are over now.
  • I still love you in every way, but if you are rude to me, I will try to walk away and forget. But if you continue to get in my face, I’m gonna love you enough not to let you do that.
  • Your family isn’t perfect either. No longer will I sit here and let you tell me how bad my kids are or the fact that you don’t think what my wife is wearing is appropriate attire for a preacher’s wife.
  • If you start causing problems and dissension in the church and you call yourself a Christian, I’m going to go to you in love and try to help you. If you continue, I’m going to throw you out on your head just like the Apostle Paul said to do.
  • If you have the audacity to say it to me, then you’ll need the gumption to hear my response.
     God doesn’t want gelded men that are “calmer and better-behaved, making them quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.”
     He wants fierce warriors that are willing to follow him into battle against the gates of hell. He wants people that will be brave enough to make themselves a living sacrifice and ride through the rattlesnakes and coyotes to reach that lost sheep in the back corner of the pasture.
     Jesus is looking for people that want to call down fire from heaven for taking prayer out of school. He wants the attitude (not the deed) of Peter when people try to take him out of our society.
T     he Bible Studies are fantastic for strategic planning–but get off your butts and into the battle. Singing five hundred stanzas of a song is fantastic–but use that as a rally call for when you rush into the fight.
     We’ve got a bunch of good bible students and philosophers. What we need are more warriors. We need those cowboys and cowgirls that will ride with Jesus when he comes back and it not be their first battle.
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16 NIV)
     When I get to heaven, I hope that I’m dirty, bloody, nasty, and beat to hell from the work I’ve been doing for God.
     The verse above says that God will clean me up with some clean clothes and I will ride back into battle one last time following the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Will you be riding with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Moderated After 14 Days:

Followers