Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Anne Rice! The Anti-Christ?

1 John 2:18 - [ Warning about Antichrists ] Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.


ANTICHRISTS
DEFINITION: Antichristos(greek) can mean "against Christ" or "instead of Christ"
by Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible


So does the following headline mean Annie Rice is an "antichrist":


Legendary author Anne Rice has announced that she’s quitting Christianity.

Anne RiceThe following are entries from Annie Rice's Facebook.
 Annie Rice: Gandhi famously said: “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” When does a word (Christian)become unusable? When does it become so burdened with history and horrorthat it cannot be evoked without destructive
                    controversy? July 27 at 5:14pm

Anne RiceAnne Rice:  For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten ...years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm
                    an outsider.My conscience will allow nothing else. July 28 at 12:36pm

Anne RiceAnne Rice:As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of ...Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen.
                    July 28 at 12:41pm

Anne RiceAnnie Rice:  My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me. But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than .hristianity and always will be, no matter
                    what Christianity is has been, or might become. July 29 at 4:06pm
 
 Her statements made national news! The responses from some of followers are interesting as well:

o Kimberly Peeples Vasquez:  To be honest with you, you're not alone. There are droves of us leaving the confines of the 4 walls that was once a haven, and is now a building to spread hate, intolerance, and radicalism--all of which Jesus abhorred. Jesus was about love,...

Jesus was about love,...

Jesus was about love, understanding, and reaching out to those that don’t know with a heart of servanthood in hopes that we might be able to re-present Him. I have seen none of that in the past sfew years. It’s exhausting trying to keep up with this, and Jesus is no where to be found amongst this large crowd seeking to stone anyone who doesn’t conform. I’d rather conform to Jesus, thank you. Check out The God Journey on iTunes Podcast. You’ll see that you’ve just joined a rather large group of Jesus-chasers who are running from the madness.

o Leslee Bennett Lee:  As previously mentioned in a similar post...I am praying for you, my sister in Christ. We are in this world but we need not be of this world.

I choose to focus on Christ and Christ = Love. While that's a huge blessing and comes with very intense emotion, etc. It is so very simple and ever so sweetly obvious!

I know plenty of “Christians” who would never hang with the folks that Christ hung out with, the “lowly sinners”. Hello! This is why we need Him ... we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God.

To me, that truly sad part is that some “Christians” are more like “Pharisees”.

I do not pretend to know much but what I am certain of is that I love the Lord and He loves me unconditionaly! I have a place in heaven and NO ONE can pluck me from the hands of the Lord Jesus Christ! Same for you Anne! :) God Bless!

"I refuse to be anti-life."  So, is Anne Rice an antichrist?
 
I know some of you are asking another question now, "Can Anne Rice be Christian an express some of the beliefs written above?"  But, please do not let that question distract you from the question of this blog to Friends today:

ARE YOU, IS YOUR MEETING, ANTICHRIST -
"against Christ",
elevating yourself, your thoughts, your meeting to the place of being
"instead of Christ" ?


______________________________________
Scripture by New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.


ANTICHRISTS
DEFINITION:  Antichristos(greek) can mean "against Christ" or "instead of Christ"
by Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Moderated After 14 Days:

Followers